Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Days 3 and 4

We spent two days using the Design Thinking Template that we demonstrated at our staff meeting for designing the perfect locker.  The template can be found at

http://www.edline.net/pages/Southeast_Jr_HS/Library/Genius_Hour/Design_Thinking

and you can make copies of it.  I also have a set of SmartBoard slides that go along with the template that I would be happy to email you.

Students worked in pairs on the project.  I simply described each next step, kept time, and served as a partner in the design with one of the students.

On the first day, we simply designed and interviewed.  On the second day of using the template, we spent part of our time building models.  The only supplies I had were paper, paperclips, popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, and glue. 

Here are some photos of the students at work:

 
 
Students were very engaged in this project.  Although I did have one student ask me, "when are we going to get to start working on our ideas?" . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment